No rinse needed for this sapponin-free quinoa from the Grand Teton valley, cooks in 12 minutes!
Whisk together honey, fresh lime juice, cumin and a touch of salt for dressing.
- 4 lbs. White Quinoa
- 4 qts. hot water
- 2 c. fresh lime juice
- 6 T. honey
- 2 1/2 c. olive oil
- 2 T. cumin
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 2 T. garlic, fresh, minced
- 8 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 c. pepitas, toasted
- 1 diced avocado
- 8 c. arugula
- Into 2½” hotel pan, place 4 lbs. InHarvest White Quinoa, 4 qts. hot water. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pan with parchment and foil and bake in a 350°F convection oven for 15 minutes or until the grain is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Place pan uncovered in cooler until completely chilled.
- To make the dressing combine the lime juice, honey, cumin, kosher salt, black pepper and garlic in a bowl and whisk in the olive oil slowly to emulsify.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled quinoa, grape tomatoes, pepitas, avocado and dressing. Toss well to combine and let sit for at least 20 minutes in cooler before serving.
Recipe Yield: 100 (1/3 c.) portions
Per serving: 140 cal., 14 g pro., 16 g carb., 2 g fiber, 8 g fat (51% cal from fat), 0 mg chol., 2% calc.
Chef Mike Holleman
Peppery arugula with sweet honey and fresh lime…one of my new favorites for sure 🙂
If boiling water is not possible, use the hottest water possible and bake for an additional 4 minutes or, until all the liquid is absorbed.
You can menu this as low carbon footprint, local and sustainable because the quinoa is domestic rather than imported.