Domestic White Quinoa makes this complete protein whole grain "LOCAL"
Experiment with textures by slicing the tomatoes differently, cutting the asparagus on a bias and keeping the stems on the mushrooms.
- 8 oz White Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered, stems included
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cauliflower, whole head, riced and roasted
- 2 cups standard asparagus, bias-cut
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in 1/2, bias cut
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- Cook InHarvest Domestic White Quinoa per package instructions.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F and roast off the riced cauliflower for about 20 minutes or until slightly browned. Reserve for later use.
- Sauté onions with the garlic in oil about 4 minutes until translucent.
- Add cremini mushrooms and asparagus, sauté for about 5 minutes. Add roasted, riced cauliflower and cooked quinoa.
- Add milk, vegetable stock and parmesan cheese. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Add spinach, mix well and serve with cherry tomatoes on top.
When ricing the cauliflower keep the base intact and rice the whole thing to avoid food waste.
Experiment with textures by slicing the tomatoes differently, cutting the asparagus on a bias and keeping the stems on the mushrooms. It is all about presentation. The more you want to take a picture of the dish and post it on social media, the better it will taste!